Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's All A New Beginning

How to start something like this off is beyond me. I can only say that the past 2 months have been amazing and I have no idea where to start.



Well, about a month and a half ago we found out that we were pregnant. Trent and I were very shocked because we had just moved into our new apartment, I just started going back to school, we have just gotten so many things started back up in our lives that this was just something we weren't exactly ready for. So, we had been going back and forth on what the best decision for us would be. So, after about a week of hard choices, and thoughts, and just debates we figured that the best choice for us, and this baby was to give him/her up for adoption. This choice was the hardest we've ever had to come up with, and for me (Alicia) it was extremely difficult because I already have 2 children, 2 very beautiful children that I love with all of my heart and I didn't know how I'd look or what people would think about my decision because I already have kids. The process to make our decision for an adoptive parent was going to be long and hard, but we found a website that was very helpful in helping us make a decision. We originally found about 5 couples that seemed "perfect" at the time. To be quite honest we had no idea what we were doing and so we emailed them all and the first people to get back to us were a couple by the name of Ben and Brielle. They emailed us telling us that they had already found their birthmother the night before they got our email, but that they knew a couple that was trying to adopt as well.




So, we went to their website and we instantly fell in love. I guess it was one of those things where we just "knew". We read their story and I (Alicia) couldn't stop crying because they were the couple that we were waiting for and what we were looking for. I don't want to say that our standards were high, but we had some things that we wanted our adoptive parents to be or have. We wanted them to be stable, loving, and full of life. We also wanted a couple that didn't have children, but had been trying to have children and it just wasn't working. And we found that in Kris&Timmy. We sent them an email and they got back to us immediately. We talked through email, and chat a lot that day and it was just completely awesome how our relationship just hit it off the way it did. Trent and I just KNEW that they were "the one". The one that would get to be our Adoptive couple for our baby.
We made the decision to have an open adoption because with us it just didn't seem like we could not talk to eachother or not see eachother and we wanted it to be easy just like our relationship is now. We have found the most amazing people to bless with a child. We love you Kris&Timmy.
We will post more once there is more time :) Especially about our visit when they came to see us :)


1 comment:

  1. This brought me to tears Alicia, not just because this had to have been a hard choice for you, but because I was adopted. My parents couldn't conceive and they adopted my older brother, and me. I always respect adoption and what it stands for. My birthmother couldn't support me and her mom had died, and she was on her own and going to college. She made the brave move to put me up for adoption for the same reasons that you and Trent did. ....I'm so happy you have found a family and some new friends in the adoptive family that you chose. I had a close adoption (mind you this was in the 80's everything was basically closed, not as open as it is now). Trust me when I say this, there will not be a day that your birth child won't think about you, love you, and respect you for the people that you are for you gave her life. Never for one moment think that this is weak for you now see, the happiness of this babies future in the eyes of a family who is need. I love you Alicia. And I'm so...so very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete